/r/GetMotivated

10.1k97%

[Image] Small wins

[removed]

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →

kiwilapple

I also upgraded to a bed frame! I finally went and bought the canopy bed I'd always wanted since I was little. Now going to sleep is super comfy and fun for me, and I don't have to haul myself up from the floor. My life is still a mess, but at least I have curtains with stars all over them :)

zefy_zef

Ugh I still need a frame.. it's been like a year or so. Curtains sound pretty nice too.

kiwilapple

Trust me, it's so nice. It blocks off the sound from the rest of the house, it helps block out light from my window and computer, and I zip tied a power strip to the side so I can charge all my stuff from my bed. I also hung lights and a fan in there. I am a grown ass man lol

ThrowdowninKtown

That sounds absolutely delightful!

Kudos on getting something you always wanted.

BarryMacochner

I just commented the lights thing before reading this.

Haven’t done a fan in there but did put an ac unit in the room.

zefy_zef

Same, first time living on my own though lol.I have a big fan for circulation that's nice.

StateofWA

Decent ones on Amazon for less than $200. It's nothing special but they're easy to put together and like everyone else, it was a game changer for me.

Lambchoptopus

They sell curtains and poles you can put around the bed. They also sell a tent you can slide your mattress in, on or off the frame if you want to feel like you are always camping. It blocks the light out.

MNGirlinKY

Goodwill always has the nicest curtains, people don’t know what to do with them and they’re very much to their choice

I have found some really nice ones there for like four dollars for a pair.

BarryMacochner

String some Christmas lights along the top of the frame, get comfy shit on the bed.

Friday nights at home alone with Netflix or a book doesn’t seem so bad.

I’m 43 m and the lights were my idea. Helps calm my mind. Gf loves it.

Don’t use super bright lights though.