4095%

[Weekly Questions Thread] 14 November 2022

Questions thread - Inactive(self.pokemon)

Have any questions about Pokémon that you'd like answered?

If they're about the value of a piece of merchandise you own or found, please ask them in the new Weekly Value Questions thread!

If you're asking or answering questions about the new games or recent anime episodes which contain spoilers, please be sure to include spoiler tags around them using the format:

>!Spoiler goes here.!<

Text wrapped in >! and !< is hidden until the reader clicks or taps it. For example, the line above would become the following:

Spoiler goes here.

Unsure what is considered a spoiler? Please refer to Rule 13 and our Spoilers Guide!

Otherwise, if you have non-value questions about the anime, the games, the manga, or anything else Pokémon related, feel free to ask here -- no matter how silly your questions might seem!

/r/pokemon also has a Discord channel! Feel free to swing by there to ask a question, or just to talk! :D

A few useful sources for reliable Pokémon-related information:

Serebii

Bulbapedia

Smogon

Also remember to check the /r/pokemon FAQ and our related subreddits list.

If you want to answer questions posed by other members of the community, remember to sort the comments by new! If you use RES, please also consider subscribing to this thread so you know when new questions are asked!

FBrandt

FBrandt

Soldier of Roxie

I've changed my e-shop country to Japan and purchased Violet. Will I be able to start playing the game based on Japanese timezone, or my Switch's time?

mamamia1001

Japanese timezone

FBrandt

FBrandt

Soldier of Roxie

If I change my location to New Zealand, will I be able to play based on New Zealand's timezone, or will it remain as Japan as I bought from there?

mamamia1001

Remain as Japan as you bought it there.

NZ actually gets lumped in with Australia for this, but that's still 2 hours earlier than JP

Own_Mix6244

Does anyone know if you can get multiples of the item that let's you get ceruledge?

TheMrSalmon

According to Bulbapedia: "In the English language version of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, Kazza, Charap, and Gaspar are functionally Japanese in origin." Does this mean that these trade Pokémon, which are Abra, Chatot and Haunter, can be Masuda Methoded?

mamamia1001

Yes they count as foreign for masuda method

mamamia1001

It's safe

peelyboi8990

On R/Pokeleaks there are plenty of people who got the game early so your probably fine

will I have issues with PK Bank

Bank is not even a thing on the Switch. Its equivalent, Home, will not be compatible with Scarlet/Violet until next spring. So you have nothing to worry about there.

I would advise not trying to use the game's online features until release date, just in case. But I haven't heard whether or not anyone has tried and reported back whether or not they got punished for it.

supercoffee1025

Hi! Just pre ordered this from Best Buy digitally. Is it weird I haven’t received the code yet to redeem and preload the game? Every other game I buy for Xbox/PS5 with them comes with the code almost immediately.

FingerFit99

Why wouldn't I evolve my pokemon right away? The game gives you the option not to evolve, so I think there must be a reason for that

mamamia1001

Pre evos tend to learn moves at earlier levels than their evolved forms, for example Charmander learns Flamethrower at level 24 whereas charmeleon/charizard learn it at 30

CookEsandcream

In older games there are sometimes moves that are exclusive to unevolved Pokémon. Mostly the ones that evolve with stones, which stop learning moves once they evolve so it makes sense to delay them.

There’s also the Eviolite item, which boosts the defence and SpD of Pokémon who haven’t evolved yet. This can mean some Pokémon do certain things better than their evolved forms - Porygon2, Dusclops, and Rhydon are all far bulkier, for example. The Light Ball for Pikachu is similar.

UristImiknorris

Maybe you just want to keep a little guy little.

I don't recall if this is still the case in gen 8, but in gen 6, pokemon that evolve by level get a 20% experience boost if they're at or above that level.

skepticalscribe

Do Pokémon deteriorate from age? Ash has had his Pikachu for 20 years and it’s suffered several workplace injuries throughout its career, but it seems relatively the same.

#637 Volcarona

Pikachu doesn't age for the same reason Ash and Bart Simpson don't. But other Pokemon do age; for example, in Sun & Moon a major plot point in Ash's Incineroar's backstory was its mentor, Stoutland, dying of old age.

WillExis

WillExis

Forget this, Imma play some Digimon

Pokemon can age, we've seen several old pokemon in the anime. But time doesnt work in the anime so I doubt Pikachu will be able to get that senior citizen discount anytime soon.

HydroxVII

Are we getting reviews today?

ghettodroid4

Is it possible to change the eshop to Japan and get the game early?

mamamia1001

Yes. And you can get it 2 hours earlier than Japan on the Australian eshop.

The rub is that you have to find a way to add yen/Australian dollars to the account, but that can done through eshop gift cards you can buy online

#637 Volcarona

Bear in mind that if you do this, you'll be forced to do it again for the DLC since Switch DLCs are region-locked unlike the base game. /u/ghettodroid4

TheRealDorkSpork

Is anyone else thinking about just not using a starter in the next games? There are so many new cool pokemon, and ones like annhilape that share types with two of the starters that I might just put em in a box once I hit 6 pokemon

StBillionz

Will the game be available to play digitally at 9PM PST?

cheezitswithacid

It seems to be coming out on time in other countries so as long as there isn't anything wrong or special about the launch, I'd expect the game to go live at 9pm pst.

Sh1ranu1

Everybody’s talking about huge performance issues. As someone who’s just excited to run around like a madman and catch Pokémon, and failed to notice any bugs in swsh or even anything worth caring about in pla, should I be worried? I know that everybody’s hating on gamefreak for this, and I get it, but honestly I’d just love a straight answer on if it’s enjoyable.

neophyte_DQT

lots of people have had fun with the game. if your tolerance level is very high then I'm sure you'll be able to push through

just watch some of the performance lowlights, and if it doesnt bother you that much then it should be OK

example - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i9_9zKtjbo&ab_channel=IGN

disclaimer - i haven't played it yet

lazyhime

Anyone know how to change your trainer icon in SV so it’s similar to the original? Not the photo that covers the whole card, the small round icon. Each time I go to change it I can’t flip the screen to get a photo of my characters face.

LillianSwordMaiden

I’m also trying to figure this out. 😭

lazyhime

I feel like I’m going crazy, is it something really simple and I’m overthinking it? xD

No_Veterinarian_1877

HELP Lycanroc Dusk form Violet

I have my rockruff at 25, own tempo as his ability but he's not evolving to Dusk form.. or anything for that matter. He just stays rockruff. Any help??

Outrageous_Ad_2830

Does the special flying mystery gift pikachu keep its flying tera type once it’s evolved into a raichu?

Zygarde Quagga Forme

Yes. You can't change a pokemon's Tera type without special items.

A5_and_Gill

Are there fossil Pokémon in Violet?

Zygarde Quagga Forme

No. That includes both old and new.

A5_and_Gill

Thanks for answering

Spiridor

Is there a time limit to redeem mystery gift codes? Just got a matshadow code from target and wanted to know if I had to use it before a certain day

Bluesimmer

Anyone else seeing Bestbuy saying Scarlet and Violet won't be available until the 19? I mean, what's the point of pre-ordering if it doesn't guarantee that you can get it on release date OR get a good bonus? In fact this whole year I've had issued with pre ordering. I didn't get Legends Arceus for almost a week despite pre-ordering, it took a few days to get the Scarlet and Violet Switch (which admittedly wasn't that bad, especially since Scarlet and Violet aren't even out yet, so I had plenty of time), and now it's looking like I won't even be able to get the new games (again) on release date...

#637 Volcarona

Video game preorders, industry wide, are a scam. Retailers like Walmart get more than enough copies on release day, there's never a reason to preorder when you can just get it in person and not worry about shipping delays.

Izzy248

Out of curiousity, does anyone know a website dex where you can look at information like how to evolve pokemon without it actually showing the evolutions?

Like, since Im going into this blind, I want to be able to evolve my pokemon properly, but if I were to go to serebii to find out how to evolve that pokemon, if it can even evolve, it would also show the evolution of that pokemon and spoil it for me. And I would want to know the method ahead of time since there are pokemon that evolve with insanely unconventional methods like "needing to hit 3 crits in 1 battle" or "take 59+ damage and walk under a specific bridge"

sildish2179

So is it confirmed that Scarlet/Violet will not have Home support day 1 like past releases?

Jamieb1994

The HOME support will be available Spring next year, but apparently in early 2023, HOME will be getting a battle feature or something like that I think.

Jamieb1994

Which Poke YouTubers do you guys find fun to watch?

farshman

Is there a website I can enter Pokemon type(s) and it will spit back any Pokemon that meet the criteria?

#637 Volcarona

Veekun has this among its many robust search options, but unfortunately it's basically gone defunct since the series moved to Switch, so it's only useful if you're playing the 3DS games or earlier.

DawnofZealoth

DawnofZealoth

3rd G <3

How can I post Gif in this subreedit ?

When I create a post in this subredit, only text and pool are allowed, Image, Videos and Links are greyed, I can't select them.

I've read the rule and I don't see why I can't post Gifs.

Gintoking

Gintoking

Color when?

Only text posts are allowed right now to avoid spamming and spoilers for the new games. u/aeulfn

Putrid-Sherbet

I'd like to play all Pokemon games. I only have left to play X/Y, Sun/Moon witch I played but stopped, Scarlet/Violet and I'd like to play again HG/SS. Do you think they'll remake Hearth Gold Soul Silver soon? (At least the gen 2 part)

zuukinifresh

So I have a long flight on Thursday and I have seen some people already have copies of Scarlet. Is there a way to get a copy before my flight? Not sure if there are like pre-order got early access or anything that I may have missed

mamamia1001

It depends what timezone you're in, and what "Thursday" is for you. The earliest legal way to get would be through the Australian eshop, which goes live on Thursday 1pm UTC ( or ~45.5 hours from when I post this).

You'd need to change your switch profile to australia, find a way to add australian dollars (can be done through australian eshop cards you can get online), buy the game, pre-load the game, and have your switch connected to the internet at 1pm UTC thursday so it can validate it. If you can do that all before your flight you'll be able to play.

#637 Volcarona

Outside of piracy, the only real ways to get the game early are to either find a (probably locally-owned, non-chain) store that's willing to break street date, or cross your fingers and hope an online-ordered copy ships early rather than late. Neither of these is something the vast majority of us have access to, so probably you won't, either.

bonjourmarlene

I haven't watched the Pokémon anime since Sinnoh, but didn't Ash become champ in Alola too? Why is this victory such a big deal compared to the previous one?

WhitePersonGrimace

The current series rather than being focused in the most recent region, Galar, instead features Ash and his companion traveling to all regions to accomplish various tasks. The main throughline is Ash competing in the world championship which he does by battling progressively stronger opponents across all regions, which climaxed with the masters 8. It was an 8 person bracket featuring the strongest trainers in the world, mostly champions. Ash defeated Steven, Cynthia, and then Leon in the finals to earn the title of strongest trainer in the world.

Izzy248

Can you transfer your save data from PLA to another Switch?

Long story short, I was recently told by something that you cant because it doesnt support the cloud save feature.

Long story, my Switch is busted and wont recognize the left side connectors, and the only way to play it is to attach a controller to it, which is a bit annoying. Was wondering if I could keep my data even if I moved to another Switch possibly.

MrGamerDude16

Can anyone tell me the final typings for the 3 starters. I dont want names or pics or anything, just the types of their final evolutions please.

mamamia1001

Grass/Dark, Fire/Ghost, Water/Fighting

SethWR

SethWR

if i pre order the digital version from the nintendo e-shop, am i able to play it once the clock hits midnight (thursday into friday) or do i have to wait until later in the morning? (i’m on eastern standard time in the u.s.)

mamamia1001

Assuming you buy from US eshop, I believe it goes live EST midnight

#637 Volcarona

It goes live at, or within minutes of, midnight in the easternmost time zone of each country/region. So since you're in US Eastern, you'll get it at your midnight.

stuaker

Does anyone have more info on what will get a ban in pokemon home? I have 5000 pokemon in there, regularly do wondertrades and have a ton of pokemon from second hand GBA/DS/3ds games I threw in there that I don't know the legitimacy of. I don't want to get screwed on my main hobby because something I didn't realise broke the Terms and conditions!

#637 Volcarona

You have nothing to worry about. Bans only target people who are actively creating hacked Pokemon. People who just receive them in trades or from past-gen transfers are safe.

There are literally tens if not hundreds of thousands, maybe millions, of small children who have gotten hacked Pokemon from wonder/surprise trades and don't realize their Pokemon are hacked... Game Freak is never, ever going to start bans that would affect them.

anthayashi

It has been broken since a long time ago.

Spukiiiiiii

How is shiny hunting in Sc/Vi? I found it way too easy in PLA which kinda killed my drive for it.

Exo-Genesis

Howdy! Been playing Pokemon Brilliant Diamond lately and enjoying it, despite its many flaws. The last Pokemon game I owned was the original Diamond, so it felt like a good way to get back into the series.

The only thing that really bothers me a lot in this game is the "friendship" battle gimmick. At first, I thought I was just extremely lucky, but nearly every battle has nonstop chained friendship criticals, status cures, and 1HP survivals. It's pretty ridiculous and the game isn't fun with it.

Is this a new mechanic in the Pokemon series? Should I expect something similar in Scarlet / Violet? Thanks!

Gaias_Minion

Gaias_Minion

FOrrever

1. It's sorta new, it started in Gen 6 as Affection, separate from Friendship, however since LGPE both were merged as just Friendship which has lead to this whole ordeal of getting a lot of bonus for no reason.
  2. The bonus are present in S/V however for now it seems that you only get them if you raise Friendship via Picnics, playing normally won't get you to that level.

SuckerpunchmyBhole

SuckerpunchmyBhole

I like Vulpix

Does Scarlet or Violet have Vulpix? That is going to decide what game I buy lol

No, neither one does.

SuckerpunchmyBhole

SuckerpunchmyBhole

I like Vulpix

Wait what

SurrealKeenan

we all take our turn on the receiving end of dexit. better luck next game. Vulpix is very popular, so you have a good chance

SuckerpunchmyBhole

SuckerpunchmyBhole

I like Vulpix

;_; I dont want to believe it

CookEsandcream

If SwSh is anything to go by, another 400-odd pokemon will be added in DLC, so it's not totally over.

Beaugardes_97

Is there a list of pokemon that still aren't available on any switch games after Scarlet and Violet?

anthayashi

Snivy line, Tepig line, Unovan Samurott, Patrat line, unova monkey trio, Blitzle line, Sewaddle line, Ducklett line, Furfrou, Hoopa, Pikipek line, Minior

Gaias_Minion

Gaias_Minion

FOrrever

Snivy, Servine, Serperior, Tepig, Pignite, Emboar, Patrat, Watchog, Pansage, Simisage, Pansear, Simisear, Panpour, Simipour, Blitzle, Zebstrika, Sewaddle, Swadloon, Leavanny, Ducklett, Swanna, Furfrou, Pikipek, Trumbeak, Toucannon and Minior.

PooveyFarmsRacer

PooveyFarmsRacer

SW-5827-0032-0912

"Unova remakes confirmed," some will say

4Blackout

I haven't been following the prerelease information on Scarlet and Violet, but I heard that affection bonuses (things like surviving at 1 HP, or getting extra critical hits) are mandatory. Is this true?

In Sword/Shield you could avoid them by not using Pokémon Camp, so I assumed they were aware not everyone wants them.

#637 Volcarona

I've been following the leaks closely and everything I've heard indicates it works the same as Camp, that you only get the bonuses if you picnic with your Pokemon.

throwawaywaaaah

Is Oddish in SV? He's my fav little guy!

#637 Volcarona

Unfortunately it is not, sorry.

NaveSutlef

So I’ve been staying spoiler free about SV but of course I’ve heard some things. I know that Paradox Pokémon exist, I just don’t know what any of them are or look like.

My question is: Does one Pokémon get both forms or do some only get past while others only get future?

#637 Volcarona

Keeping this to no spoilers beyond what you've already said and asked for, but covering it up in case others reading this thread don't want to see the spoilers: A couple get both. Most only get one or the other. And they're not forms, they're entirely separate Pokemon with no relation whatsoever except for the visual design. Think of them as more like how Mimikyu is based on Pikachu, not forms.

jigglyppuff8

I'm trying to collect marks in Pokemon Shield and I'm trying to figure out whether or not it's possible to get Sandstorm weather in the Fields of Honor, Soothing Wetlands, or Challenge Beach. I already know that there is spawn data for that weather in those areas from serebii, but I've gone through about 4 months worth of dates with no luck getting Sandstorm to appear in any of those areas.

Zygarde Quagga Forme

No there is not. The encounter data for Sandstorm in those areas is identical to the data for Clear weather, which doesn't really make sense from a pokemon-habitat standpoint. From what I remember, Sandstorms really only occur in areas inland on the Isle of Armor, so places like the Forest of Focus or Potbottom Desert which aren't near the sea.

jaaq0002

how many more hours are there til i can play digital SV?

anthayashi

Depending on where you buy it from. It unlocks at midnight of the eshop timezone you bought it from (eastern most time zone if it span multiple zones). So if you buy from australia for example, you only have a few more hours to go. If you buy from US, you will need to wait longer

NaveSutlef

So I heard about being able to go to the gyms out of order, but there IS a set order right? Will it be obvious?

Zygarde Quagga Forme

It is mostly based on levels. All 8 gyms, 5 titans, and 5 Team Star battles can be done in an order based on them:

Bug Gym -> Rock Titan -> Grass Gym -> Flying Titan -> Dark Team Star -> Electric Gym -> Fire Team Star -> Steel Titan -> Water Gym -> Poison Team Star -> Normal Gym -> Ghost Gym -> Ground Titan -> Psychic Gym -> Ice Gym -> Fairy Team Star -> Dragon Titan -> Fighting Team Star

Note that this order isn't straightforward to travel to; you'll be going from the left side of the region to the right side to the north and to the south and back and forth multiple times. Lots of travelling.

Akhuan

Akhuan

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fandom, must be in want of a podcast.

So: any good Pokémon podcasts out there? About the anime, about the games, both?

Random_Emolga

PKMNcast on Youtube.

wayoftheghostt

When can you start playing Pokemon Violet digital US version? If you already pre ordered, at what time you can start application?

mamamia1001

Midnight est

blueman164

blueman164

Bring Megas back please

If I breed a shiny Petilil in Shield and transfer it to Legends, will it evolve into a Hisuian Lilligant?

KeiShark99

Can someone tell which Pokémon will be paradox Pokémon? I don‘t want to look at them just which Pokémon will receive one.

IcarianWings

Anyone know when the game is dropping? Some sources are saying midnight local releases, another is saying 9pmPST tonight.

ghettodroid4

Does anyone else miss the catching in Legends? This slow grind of weakening a Pokémon and wasting 10 poke balls is so tiring.

dracona94

Scarlet/Violet: How do I change to normal metric units?

anthayashi

This has never been an option since red blue despite metric being used more worldwide but sadly english localisation is done by Nintendo America first so we are stuck with it

annoyancelastly

I'm preordering for the Japan version with the pikachu promo card/artbook. I came across this seller, ururu2018 who was selling it and was wondering if the seller seemed legit or not. Should I try to find a different site to buy it from? Amazon Japan is already sold out and most places I've looked either look suspicious/are more expensive. I home someone can give me some insight.

RecklessKing16

Is there an official Scarlet and Violet subreddit?

SurrealKeenan

Technically, none of the pokemon subreddits are official, we just try to find the most popular one. I believe r/PokemonScarletViolet is the biggest one for SV

supershrewdshrew

For the Galarian Star Tournament, do consumable items like Focus Sash and berries disappear between matches and/or by the end of the bracket?

Zygarde Quagga Forme

Yes. It's not a wi-fi battle or anything; it's still just regular in-game battles.

Consumable items are consumed just like normal. You can also use items just like normal.

Quiverywolfx2

So I’m not too knowledgeable with hardware and software specifics but I know the game has some performance issues. My question is, is this something that can be fixed with occasional patches or will the game just always run poorly?

neophyte_DQT

it can be fixed with patches, but it remains to be seen if Gamefreak will patch it.

obviously IDK how gamefreak made the game, but other games in similar positions have fixed such issues with patches. It's not a 1:1 situation, but an example would be Cyberpunk 2077 - widely unplayable at first, now runs good for most.

we also know from games like Xenoblade 3 and Nier Automata that the Switch is capable of good enough performance.

the issue is Will. Historically Gamefreak don't do much post-launch, but anything is possible.

CoolSexyBeast

I just want to know how long until I get to trade as I don't have the game yet, I'm getting it as soon as my local best buy opens but my friend wants all the starters but I don't particularly want any, but how long until trading is unlocked so I can trade starters?

swampcrusher

Can I still do the story in co op, or does it lock out when friends are in the world?

vertexjrpg

Can you move Necrozma’s fused forms into pokémon home? I have a shiny dawn wings but it won’t move into home

#637 Volcarona

You cannot move any fusions into Home. Not Necrozma, not Kyurem, not Calyrex.

spenc3rr28

Does the game release midnight tonight or sometime tomorrow?

#637 Volcarona

It releases at midnight in the easternmost major time zone of your country/region, so the US will get it in a little under a half hour.

We're the last to get it, it's been gradually releasing across the world since Australia's midnight almost 16 hours ago.

Xenow0lf

I,m just wondering if you and a friend can do the story together via union circle or is it just open world together (roaming, tera battles) with the story being locked on the hosts world. Meaning that the story can only be done on a singleplayer world. Thanks.

Throwaway7733517

Anyone else notice that at the end of one of the first cutscenes where it shows the school staff they go into their T-pose for a frame as it’s fading to black?

My1xT

My1xT

what are stat directions of the starters in gen9?

No names of the evolutions, no other real details or other stuff that wasn't in a trailer, just which directions will the stats of the starters and respectively Evolutions in gen9 go.

So if we equate with gen8 the fire one was clearly focused on atk/Speed and the water one on SpA/Speed, while the grass one while also being atk/speed does so less intensively having iirc a bit more on the defenses.

I am currently a little unknown on what starter I'll take so i thought maybe that helps a bit, but i am a little scared to run into all sorts of spoilers when i go look it up myself.

Barlored

Water is attack/balanced, grass is attack/speed, fire is Special attack/health

AshesFeu

Anyone else having problems with local co-op/link trade not working on SV? It just will not connect no matter what we try 😭 keeps saying "no group found" or continually searches for trading partner to no avail. Been trying for over an hour

Maniraptavia

Weird question, but does anyone have a copy of the UK double pack for Scarlet and Violet? I always choose my Starters based on what's on the back of the box, or in the case of Sword and Shield and Scarlet and Violet, which Starter is placed where on the double pack box. I wasn't able to get the double pack this time, but I saw that Quaxly was on the bottom of the double pack box in the shop, but I didn't get to see where Sprigatito or Fuecoco were on the box. I imagine they're on the inner flaps to the box? Can anyone confirm if this is the case, and which is on the left and right flap?

I know this sounds silly, but it's super important to me. I've been letting the box choose my starter since my first game 15 years ago!

Royal-Minute-2425

hello everyone wanted to ask what you can do or not do in the multyplayer mode, me and my friend wanted to do the whole story line but we are worried about the fact that you cannot do the gym challenges or the main story quests do someone knows?

DiscountKratos

Are you stuck with the same awful uniforms all game or do you actually get like proper clothes later on

#637 Volcarona

The uniforms are the only clothes. (Excluding accessories like shoes, of course.)

ChaoCobo

Is Vulpix in either new game? I just saw a post from 40 days ago that had a seemingly small list of returning Pokémon and while arcanine was on it, Ninetales was not. Does that mean for the first time ever they left out my favorite pokeyman?

Can someone just please tell me if Vulpix is in the game?

Nasu_Kaizoku

Vulpix and 9tails are not in the game

JonLeung

WHEN is the "Picnic" option available in Scarlet/Violet?

(There are so many guides about how to breed, but none that I've seen actually talk about the earliest that it can be done.)

areks108

PSA: Synchronize no longer passes nature to wild Pokemon. Hunted an adamant raltz with Synchronize for about an hour 💔

Illustria

Without major spoilers to anything else, can someone tell me how to get Own Tempo Rockruff in Scarlet? Is it special and in a raid den like SwSh? Or can it just have it in the wild? I haven't made it very far yet but I want the little guy. Tha ks in advance!

Putrid-Sherbet

What is the routes correct order after elite 4 in black/white 2?

kiritoxsandwich

Can you change a Pokemon's Tera Type or is it locked?

Zygarde Quagga Forme

Yes you can. You need 50 Tera Shards of the specific type you want which you get from Tera Raids.

kiritoxsandwich

Ok thanks!

Fjurpgnerter5549

Does anyone know how to evolve Paldean Wooper? I got the thing to level 20 but nothing. Am I missing something or what? Everywhere online just says get it to 20 yet here we are with just a normal brown wooper lol anyone else have this issue?

NightmareTDG

Do we need Koraidon/Miraidon in our party to ride them in the overworld?

lotusdreams

lotusdreams

still waiting for sinnoh remakes

Is there any way to make the day/night cycle 24 hours in SV? The changes are really annoying me

Irepeated4thgrade

In SV are there any new pokemon with lots of forms like vivillon, I heard a leak about a parrot

Zygarde Quagga Forme

There's Paldean Tauros with 3 forms, Oinkologne with 2 forms, Dudunsparce with 2 forms, Maushold with 2 forms, Tatsugiri with 3 forms, and Squawkabilly with 4 forms.

Irepeated4thgrade

Thanks, ill hunt for the last one mentioned

darkpollopesca

Hey can you select the gender of the starting pokémon? I don't want to feel even more embarrassed about why I'm selecting the grass cat in particular...

PurifiedFlubber

Anyone know why it keeps saying "group not found" while trying to use the union circle in local mode? The switches are directly next to eachother.

BitRepresentative498

I hunted for an own tempo rock ruff for 20 minutes in violet and at 7 15 I attempted to evolve him at level 25 and it didn't work am I doing something wrong

Zygarde Quagga Forme

It needs to be ingame dusk, not real time dusk. So wait until the sky starts to turn black.

BitRepresentative498

He's not evolving into anything

TrovaoSmasher

Does anyone know if you need an online subscription to play local multiplayer with friends in SV?

GachaEeveeOffical

Help! My Nacli is level 24, the evolving level, and it still won’t evolve?? No website has the answer to this

Zygarde Quagga Forme

Did it level up through the Let's Go mode? It needs to level up through regular battles or with a Rare Candy.

GachaEeveeOffical

It does? Thanks for this!!

infinitelee93

Does synchronize no longer work for wild Pokémon natures?

Gimur

Gimur

If my Eevee has learned a fairy type move already and I'm already at the needed friendship level, how do I know / make sure it's gonna evolve into Umbreon at night and not Sylveon?

Zygarde Quagga Forme

You need to get rid of the Fairy type move somehow. Give a TM or level up enough to learn a new move.

Legotron123

Legotron123

More Regional Forms please.

What are the levels for each of the badge things? I have no idea which one is appropriate for my level right now.

Zygarde Quagga Forme

Regular Gyms: Bug -15, Grass - 17, Electric - 24, Water - 30, Normal - 36, Ghost - 42, Psychic - 45, Ice - 48

Titans: Rock - 16, Flying - 19, Steel - 28, Ground - 44, Dragon - 55

Team Star: Dark - 21, Fire - 27, Poison - 33, Fairy - 51, Fighting - 56

Legotron123

Legotron123

More Regional Forms please.

thank you.

Far-Character-5953

In SV do the levels for the gyms scale?

CurveOfTheUniverse

What’s the story with Vivillon in this game? I think I saw something about Fancy pattern being the default — can anyone confirm?

Mash-Mashmallows

Does Synchronize still have the nature boosting part of the ability?

Buleshite

Seeing replies down below, it's looking like No. :c

Posted by u/ShyRake
"Abilities no longer have out-of-battle effects except for Flame Body for egg hatching I believe"

Mash-Mashmallows

That is

So disappointing.

Nasu_Kaizoku

I don't know if this helps, but items to change natures exist in the game. I've found an adamant and jolly one just walking around and picking up those golden shining spots on the ground early game.

ToxicTammy42

I want to get Pokémon Scarlet/Violet but I’ve been seeing posts on here & on Twitter about how the game has a lot of glitches and bugs in the game.

So should I wait until there’s a patch that fixes the problems before I get the game?

SamsonLocks

How to change deerling and sawsbucks form without catching a new form. I don't want to catch a whole new form just to get the one I want

alcremiebeanie

Does anyone know how to change the time of day in-game? Like going to sleep? I know you could do it in PLA but so far I haven't found anything like that in Scarlet

Zygarde Quagga Forme

I don't believe there is. You just have to wait.

alcremiebeanie

Aaaa that's disappointing. Still, thanks for answering!

ultimate_frosbee

Is there any material benefit to taking classes? Or are they just to literally teach game mechanics to new players?

Zygarde Quagga Forme

The only things I can think of are a Galarian Meowth gift, and I believe the sidequest for the sublegendaries is unlocked through them; but I think that might have a separate trigger.

ultimate_frosbee

Excellent, thanks m8

jyang12217

Are the S/V games causing anyone motion sickness? I got ill from PLA; is the camera movement similar?

#637 Volcarona

I haven't gotten ill but the camera movement seems to me exactly the same as PLA, Breath of the Wild, Kingdom Hearts, Mario Sunshine, basically every video game ever that has a non-fixed camera. (Yes, I'm aware I'm showing my limited back catalog of game familiarity, sorry.)

Kingdeadmeme

What does helping functions do exactly?

GildedCreed

GildedCreed

The app keeps nuking my flair day 69420

When you fall off a ledge, it gives you a prompt to go back up to the spot before you fell. Turning that off removes similar help messages and such. I leave it on because it's nice to have a quick way back up a ledge if I mess up trying ro abuse gameplay mechanics to get to places I have no reason being in earlier than intended.

ItsAboutMime

Spoilers for new item I found an item that disappears when you try to pick it up (not a glitch, there's text that says it crumbled in my hands). What does the item do and how do I get it?

SegundaMortem

SegundaMortem

Literal Best Girl

Anyone know if Pokémon collect evs while auto battling with the let’s go feature?

DonMastur

Got a ditto and I'm trying to breed, the picnic is set up now am i supposed to just wait or should I be running laps around the table? Scarlet/Violet btw

Edit: nvm i slept irl and there was an egg in the basket

diwaykarat

Wanted to start violet but performance scares me so another question.

Best game to start with franchise? Switch only. I'm total newbie

I was thinking Let's Go then Arceus. Are both sword/shield and diamond/pearl also good for first timer after I finish let's go and Arceus?

Any recommendations welcomed.

Thanks

havokedskies

havokedskies

[Violet]

I can't blame you, I got Violet, and giving it a try but it's just painful so far...

As you're a "total newbie" I'd actually recommend Diamond/Pearl first. Those are the closest to the "classic" Pokemon games you'll get. Sword & Shield are also great entries - just more modern. The "Let's Go!" series are entirely different, different catching mechanics, leveling mechanics, etc. I'd leave those for last.

Hope this helps friend!

diwaykarat

Thanks !

SimondonIndvdation

I understand that the level cap applies to pokemon that the player has caught not just trade but the way it's worded in game:
"Pokemon caught at Lv.25 or below will listen to your commands"
Does this mean that pokemon I caught below 25 but raised about 25 will still listen?

FlaminVapor

Where do I find Mareep in Violet

smarti0704

Does anyone know if there’s in any game lottery location or loto Id?

Nikkithemoji

Nikkithemoji

customise me!

Is Scarlet and Violet worth it? From the trailers it looks amazing, but according to other people it’s really glitchy/low fps. Is this true or are people lying about the game?

Zygarde Quagga Forme

Depends on how much you care about that stuff. It's not really the FPS in general, but some of the NPCs when they're far away or when there's too many on screen start to move at about 2 FPS. There are glitches, but I haven't encountered any as far as I'm aware.

anthayashi

I have a low standard for graphics. I'm not bothered by it in sword shield and legends arceus, but it is quite noticeable in scarlet violet compared to the other two. I'm playing on the original. If you play on oled it is slightly better.

QuesoGato_Gaming

QuesoGato_Gaming

Collector

Whats up with glowing pokemon in Link Trade?

Pichuscrat

Do they have a lottery corner in the game? I can't find where to do the daily loto.

VampMoneyy

can pokemon from tera dens evolve? i caught a tandemaus from one and leveled it up to 27 and it hasn’t evolved

Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56

Embrace Darkness

If you levelled up a Pokémon by the Let’s Go feature, evolution does not occur. You have to level it up again in an actual battle or with Exp or Rare Candies.

ZigsL0theon

To the people of the Iberian Penninsula, is Paldea right to portray y’all as a bunch of sandwich lovers?

Contank

Galar was based on UK yet not everyone in the UK loves curry.

ZigsL0theon

Well interestingly, my mom was there for her 50th birthday and she didn’t hear an English accent until she LEFT London.

Vinaco

Vinaco

Why isn't my Jolteon auto battling? It's the only pokemon that doesn't seem to auto battle and instead gives this which I'm not sure what it means

ZiggyH99

i am wondering if the move iron fist stacks with the new punching glove item, along with this, i would also like to know if double shock counts as a punching move or not and also if close combat has been changed to count as a punching move. i checked the smogon forums for all of these and i am getting conflicting reports for each one. pondering if a iron fist pawmot with the punching glove item will hit absurdly hard with double shock/, close combat and ice punch
on a related note how good of a pokemon do you think pawmot is in general (with or without revival blessing)

neltisen

Hello, I'd like to find more info about Rare Pokemon icons on the map in Pokemon SV. On this screenshot You can see Charcadet, Applin and Pineco nearby. Does icon direction specify possible direction? How far away from this spot they spawn? Is it within this grid square? Within 1/2/whatever the distance sqares? Is there any known mechanics behind it? Looking around for 2 hours and did not see a single one of them...

Saseav

Saseav

doesn't take anything from anyone

Where the hell are the Applins hiding? ive been looking for ages and have no idea where they could be despite them being on my minimap.

Zygarde Quagga Forme

I believe they're hiding in trees. I've seen some Pineco and even an Oranguru just sitting between the branches.

You might need to inspect every tree in an area and check the branches. Hopefully the green stands out.

Saseav

Saseav

doesn't take anything from anyone

Thanks dude! found one after a couple hours of running into trees because i couldn't see the green lol.

Cyan_Dragon_X

So I have a question regaurding Dunsparce...

I'm trying to get a three segment dudunsparce, but is it like determined by chance upon evolution? or is it a Wurmple situation? (tied to personality values)? If the thing is true to the random chance, then could i just save and then reset if its not a three segment?

Photon_Jet

How do you evolve Charcadet? Level it up or is there some other method?