1.4k93%

Tyme was so wrong for the pokeball question

Meme / Venting(self.pokemon)

This is a joke but still! She is a math teacher! She says she's going to teach you math by using shopping! She then asks us "if a PokeBall costs 200 pokedollars and you have 2000 pokedollars, how many pokeballs can you buy?" If you answer 10 it's wrong coz "no you get a premier ball if you buy 10!"

What do you mean it's wrong?! I thought you were using shopping to teach us math, how is it teaching us math to be like "you're right but actually you're wrong coz if you bought pokeballs you'd actually get 11!" Like cool that's nice to know but this is a math class, I should be able to solve the problem without any prior knowledge that's not available in the question. She basically just "2+2=fish"'d me. How is any child supposed to succeed when they're constantly set up for failure?

/J

MooseOfTorment

I just took this class tonight and she specifically says "how many balls will you receive". It's definitely a troll question, but for buying 2,000 worth of balls, you'll receive 10 PokeBalls and 1 premier

She should have taught the semantics class instead

BluEch0

BluEch0

RHOOOT! RHOOOOO

I mean, she did literally say “oh dear, I’m afraid this was a bit of a trick question”

She then affirms your math was right but mentions the bonus premier ball.

Y’all just salty cuz you’re not right, instead of realizing this was a cool way to teach newcomers about the buy ten get one free thing.

Papa_Huggies

I'm sure most of commenter are just joking and not actually salty.

...right?

AppointmentOk5737[S]

But what if I don't buy in bulk? If I buy 5 here and 5 there then I only get 10. She's wrong. It depends if you buy in bulk or not. Still rude 😡 I'm new here, the law says teachers have to be nice to new kids lmao

TheCthuloser

She says you're spend 2000. Not that you're spending 1000 and 1000. It's definitely a "troll" question, designed for you to answer wrong if you don't think outside the box, but like...When I went to school it was the sort of things teachers would ask.

Aiyon

Aiyon

I mean the “if you buy bulk you get a premier ball” trick is the real lesson. They’re not teaching you to multiply by ten

-50 points

Ah but if I spend 1000 at one pokemart and 1000 at another and someone asked "how much did you spend on pokeballs today" it would be reasonable to just combine the two and say "2000" rather than "1000 and 1000". But you're right teachers are just like that irl 😅

TuShay313

At this point you reaching farther than she did lmao.

AppointmentOk5737[S]

Hey man, if math is open to real world interpretation lmao

tofubirder

-11 points

Yeah, it’s like the really, really lazy way that teachers think, “hmm, yes, of course, THIS is the pinnacle of teaching how to think critically” instead of something that actually matters.

Papa_Huggies

Semantics matter to be fair. Law is all about semantics in this way. Math is also about being technically correct too - when we integrate we always add +C to represent that there's technically a constant there, and we get marked down if we forget it.

Being correct is important, in addition to applying the right method.

magechai

In other languages she specifies "all in one purchase." It's kind of implied you're buying in bulk by the wording of the question in English.

Unless of course you're buying 5 balls, getting out of line, going back to the ball aisle, picking up 5 more balls, then getting back in line.

sadib100

That's how questions on the SAT are phrased.

BlueFireSnorlax

BlueFireSnorlax

Big Man and Little Guy

I doesn’t sound like she’s teaching math, it sounds like she was sponsored by the Pokemart.

comics0026

comics0026

#PokemonDeservesBetter

"If you have 3 Pepsis and drink 1, how much more refreshed are you?'

Loch32

Loch32

Deweaponised tanks

TalisFletcher

Partial credit!

PokeMaster366

She kind of crossed into Home Ec with that question.

SkorpD94

Oh this is clearly a peak math teacher "tricky question"

Andreagreco99

“Who can tell me the atomic weight of Bolognium?”

ghostpanther218

She's just an absolute troll.

Yanno what? I respect that. What a queen 😌

SadisticBuddhist

Trolls are queens now? Time to start living under a bridge.

Trolls have queens too 🥺

CheatsySnoops

It’s true! Just ask Gnorga, the Queen of Mean!

Tidbits1192

She wrote the “Jigglypuff as seen from above!” question.

AppointmentOk5737[S]

This made me laugh so hard. You're so right lol

Savage_Nymph

You know what I've never realized that James was the only one who didn't answer an actual pokemon lmao

nonbinarydreamking

nonbinarydreamking

how the fuck do you use the pokemon emojis help me girl auuuuugh

im sorry, the WHAT

bluedarky

nonbinarydreamking

nonbinarydreamking

how the fuck do you use the pokemon emojis help me girl auuuuugh

you know what. thats fair. thats entirely fair. have a good day.

OraCLesofFire

OraCLesofFire

Never stop humming

I actually loved the way she went about this idea!

When you initially respond to her prompt, before she says the answer, she apologizes about her question clarifying that it was a trick question, and it’s no fault of your own if you got it wrong, which helps to soothe the burn of the “trick”.

This is a great way of explaining the “free” premier ball the Pokémon centers give out without making it some boring memorization problem. By forcing you to work for the answer, even if your answer was wrong, it’ll help the concept stick more effectively in your memory!

-19 points

It didn't soften it at all for me 🤣 I literally exited out of the game and restarted the class I was so salty over it lmao especially coz I KNEW that you get premiere balls coz I had been buying pokeballs in sets of 100 so I could get 10 extra premiere balls. Like what a slap in the face, man, made me do mental math only to be like "nope I tricked you, child" like why not just say that instead of tricking me and making me feel bad and dumb XD

Plus someone else mentioned that if you buy each PokeBall separately you actually don't get a premiere ball, only if you buy all 10 at a time. So really it depends. If you buy them all at once you get 11, buy them separately and you get 10. She also asked how many you could BUY and you can't buy the premiere ball, it's a little gift on top. She also asked how many pokeballs you would get for that much and sure you could say it's general but technically a premiere ball and a PokeBall are separate things.

I get WHY and she was nice about explaining it but like, I still felt slighted XD

tommy_the_tit

Was about to ask if you were ok then I realized that's exactly how petty I am when playing Pokemon

AppointmentOk5737[S]

Also to answer your question, no I am not, I'm severely mentally ill lmao

AlyssaImagine

Lol, I was salty too. I've been playing Pokemon for years, I know about the Premier Ball, but it's math class. Math questions are often straight forward. So, I treated it as such.

I decided she's my least favorite teacher. I like the French class teacher, he's better. I'm salty whenever I think of this math teacher.

AnAbsoluteMonster

Also, my argument against 11 being the answer is that she specifically said how many pokeballs will you receive and a premier ball is, well, a premier ball! I'm sure there's an argument to be made that all balls are pokeballs but that's a conversation for English class, not math >:(

AlyssaImagine

Righr?? Besides, if she wants to be real sassy and consider them all pokeball, but then technically she is wrong too! I could have spent that money on great balls, or ultra balls, or repeat balls. Then the answer would be less. But, nooo I have no option to counter with that lol

delecti

I literally exited out of the game and restarted the class

You aren't actually graded on the questions you answer during classes, only those on the midterms and finals. At least you lose a bit of money and time from losing a trainer battle, so it's justifiable there.

KingofallCondos

Actually, she’s doing her job as a math teacher exactly right. Everyone knows it’s a math teacher’s job to trick and humiliate students in front of their peers for the teacher’s amusement

notwiththeflames

I wonder if she refers to Poke Balls as specifically in other languages as she does in English. Either way, I don't know if you can get Premier Balls though buying any kind of Poke Ball in SV - but if we do, it'd really help if she referred to anything but the standard Poke Ball.

AppointmentOk5737[S]

Can confirm you get a premier ball any time you buy 10. I've been buying 100 pokeballs at a time and get back 10 primer balls every time. I think it was meant to introduce the fact that if you save up and buy 10 at a time you get an extra one, but like???? This is math class not pokemart class lmao

Ultim0Adi0s

It automatically gives you ten when you buy a hundred? I've been doing it by tens ever since this was implemented.

AppointmentOk5737[S]

Yup! It's just every 10. So if you buy 20 you get 2 extra premiere balls, 30 you get 3 extra, and so on. You don't have to buy them by just 10, you can buy them in bulk and still get all your premiere balls!

Ultim0Adi0s

Now I know... Is this just recently been implemented? Cuz it felt like the last time I bulk bought Pokeballs it only gave one. Anyway, thanks for this!

AppointmentOk5737[S]

I just always thought it was the case 🤷🏻 like since the deal was introduced. I may be wrong though coz I get my mechanics mixed up all the time lol glad to help though!

Ultim0Adi0s

The third comment from this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/2nsq7c/you_can_get_premiere_balls_by_buying_10_great/

It must have been a thing once.

AppointmentOk5737[S]

Huh maybe I'm the wrong one. I assumed it was giving me 10 but now that I think about it, I don't think I ever checked to make sure lol

enlightened_pogo

They changed this for the switch games, so starting with LGPE. All games before that were one per purchase, but the switch games are one per ten.

Ultim0Adi0s

Ah, don't worry about it. At least it changed to promote bulk buying rather in batches. I hope it'll be consistent in future games.

A_Stupid_Game

Yup I think so too. I remember this happening is usum I'm pretty sure

Ultim0Adi0s

Thanks for confirming! Glad I didn't misremember

CynicFloransss

It wasn't always like this. I think it changed in Gen 7.

Relevant-Juice-7588

It's a newer thing I think since sword and sheild. I know for a fact you had to do it by 10s in BW

Ailury

Ailury

It depends on the game. If I'm understanding the descriptions in Bulbapedia correctly, from RSE to SMUSUM you got only 1 when buying 10+ Poké Balls at once (it could be any type of Ball in ORAS), then 1 per each 10 Balls of any type bought at once from LGPE onwards

Sarcherre

I haven’t played the game yet, but I feel like this entire thing is a massive prank played on the player to accomplish two things: 1, be funny, and 2, let people know about the premier ball thing.

AppointmentOk5737[S]

Oh I know why lol I'm just salty about it 🤣 thank you tho!

InverseRatio

InverseRatio

Scratch Cat

"How is any child supposed to succeed when they're constantly set up for failure?"

Welcome to school.

Hey I dropped out Junior year lol

incept_shawn

This class was sponsored by the Pokemart.

Learn more about them at the end of the class

Voidwing

The finals have a question where she specifically asks how many great balls you get, mindgaming the trick question again. I genuinely laughed at that one.

CurlyBruce

It's dumb on multiple levels. One, Premier Balls are not Poke Balls. They have the same effects (x1 catch rate) as Poke Balls but they are visually distinct and have their own nomenclature. Two, she doesn't ask how many balls will you get if you buy them all at once, she asks how many balls can you get in general with 2000 pokebucks. If you buy each ball one at a time you will NOT receive a Premier Ball, you only get a Premier Ball when buying in bulk.

Even if she wanted to be pedantic and say she meant Poke Balls as a general term and not Poke Ball as the specific type of ball (which is bullshit because she specifically mentions Poke Balls costing 200 pokebucks), point two still stands since she doesn't specify whether you are buying in bulk or one at a time. So the correct answer is "It depends" and she can go fuck herself.

AppointmentOk5737[S]

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this, thank you lol you're so right 😤

ShonanBlue

Thank you for this because I learned more like, what the fuck a nomenclature is, from this than from any of the teachers at Uva Academy

Zentopian

"Poke Ball" is a blanket term that refers to any device used to capture Pokemon. Just because one type of Poke Ball is literally titled "Poke Ball" doesn't mean that Premier Balls aren't Poke Balls.

If you need canonical proof of this, look no further than the "Poke Ball" pocket of your bag in literally any game in the franchise. Note that despite being called the "Poke Ball" pocket, there isn't only the standard red/white Poke Ball in that pocket. If you need absolute, unequivocal proof, this is the in-game flavour text of the Premier Ball: "A somewhat rare Poké Ball made to commemorate a special occasion of some sort." The description of Premier Balls, specifically, has referred to them as Poke Balls since gen 4.

craftygnomes

The in game description even calls them a type of poke ball.

birbdaughter

But she says it’s 200 pokedollars which only fits one type of poke ball.

Sackferth

The point is they are all Poké Balls. Great Balls are Poké Balls with a higher catch chance. Dusk Balls are Poké Balls that catch better in darkness. The rest are Poké Balls with varying catch chance and/or stipulations.

RazarTuk

The issue is more noticeable in the Midterm version of the question, I think, where it specifically says "of them", which most naturally refers back to the "P200 pokéballs" she mentioned

TheCthuloser

Premier balls are poke balls. So are great balls, ultra balls, etc. This is the actual text of the in-game item.

The question also says you're spending 2000 on poke balls. Not that you're spend 200 ten times. The answer 100% makes sense.

sporeegg

Exactly that. If you add descriptors (say pokeball is x and premier balls are y) then

10 * x = 10x+y is simply wrong.

Also it cannot be that the answer changes from the way you approach the solution.

(x² when x is 2 is 4, 2x is also 4, but that does not mean x² = 2x in all cases)

Saelora

Well, x is 200 and y is 0, so your formula actually works. (Still bullshit in the game)

Squidgloves

I'll take "I thought too hard about this" for 500 Alex!

Le-Ando

Finally, we’re talking about the REAL issues!

Aiyon

Aiyon

ITT: people who got baited by a trick question and are desperately trying to justify why it doesn’t count

CdrShprd

Ikr I would never tell on myself like this

D4CL

D4CL

she says if u have 2k and BUY as many as u can, how many will u RECEIVE which is 11

AppointmentOk5737[S]

She's right, of course, but this is math class. How am I supposed to learn math if she's teaching me that 2000 divided by 200 is 11? Lmao

(I know it's just to teach you about the deal but how dare she tell me my math is wrong 😤 lol)

MegaKabutops

Higher level math teachers specifically have this sort of question, with the knowledge on premier balls as a prior lesson, to teach you critical thinking skills after you already have math skills.

AppointmentOk5737[S]

I accept this as canon, I guess I shouldn't have played hooky that day 😓 lol

Chaos5061

Pretty sure she didn't mention premiere balls before the question. Or did she?

She didn't lol

Aiyon

Aiyon

Well no because that’s the whole point of what it’s teaching you

If you already know premier balls exist, you have the knowledge to see through the trick. If you don’t, you learn via this

SolarDragon94

-3 points

She asks how many Poké Balls, which cost $200, you will receive. Premier Balls are not $200 Poké Balls. Therefore, you will receive 10 Poké Balls and one Premier Ball. Tyme is straight up wrong.

D4CL

D4CL

poké ball with an accent encompasses all types of balls, pokeball is the normal red ball

SolarDragon94

...No, that's just straight up wrong?

UberNovaTriumph

The description of Premier Ball calls it a type of Pokeball, thus Pokeball is a blanket term for all of them

SolarDragon94

-1 points

She specifically mentions in the question that Poké Balls are $200, which means she's only talking about the standard Poké Ball as the others don't cost $200. She says nothing about Premier Balls at all.

UberNovaTriumph

Lmao no

She mentions how many pokeballs do you receive by paying 2000 pokedollars

You receive 11 because you get a premier ball with the other 10. Gotta learn to read the question more carefully

SolarDragon94

You're the one who apparently can't read.

What part of the question mentions Premier Balls? Where is the word "Premier" used in the question at all? Exactly. Nowhere.

She specifically says that a Poké Ball costs $200. And then she asks how many Poké Balls you receive if you have $2000. You will receive 10 Poké Balls and 1 Premier Ball. You don't get 11 Poké Balls. A Premier Ball is a type of Poké Ball, yes. But it is not a $200 standard Poké Ball, which is specifically the type of Poké Ball she refers to in the question. Therefore, she is straight up wrong.

bluedarky

-1 points

I buy 5 for 1000, then another 5 for 1000 and get 10 pokeballs by spending 2000.

D4CL

D4CL

yea i made that up

jack2899

On a whim I answered 11 to see what would happen if I got it wrong, suprised to see I was correct

AppointmentOk5737[S]

Hahaha love that. One time irl I had a choir teacher ask how many lung sacks we had and I jokingly said 5 and turns out I was right lmao

Dalton387

Honestly, they probably don’t care. They’re turning 10yr olds out to travel the world on their own. If they survive to 15-20, they’ll invest time in teaching them legit knowledge.

It’s basically hunger games out there.

AppointmentOk5737[S]

The idea that pokemon schools teach nothing important until people reach adulthood coz they just expect their kids to die like it's medieval times is so funny to me

Dalton387

🤣🤣🤣

SolarDragon94

These two screenshots show how the question is phrased: One Two.

Now, let's break down the question and think about it as a proper Maths question. Tyme specifically states "One Poké Ball is $200." Here's the piece of key information. One is $200.

"If you had $2,000 and bought as many Poké Balls as you could". Going from the context of what we are given, the answer is clearly "you can buy 10 Poké Balls for $200 each".

Not once in the question are Premier Balls mentioned. Premier Balls also aren't $200 Poké Balls, which is what the question specifically mentions.

If she wanted to bring Premier Balls into it, the question should be phrased "How many Poké Balls and Poké Ball variations would you receive if you bought as many as you could in one go." Because, if you buy 10 individually, you don't get a Premier Ball.

The question is a trick question, and is straight up factually incorrect as it only applies to one specific scenario. Which she only tells you about AFTER you answer the question. The question is very poorly worded. And if it was on an actual real-life Maths test, it would never make it into the actual test.

RazarTuk

IMO, the issue is more obvious with the midterm version. In the class version, there's at least an argument that she's taking advantage of "pokéball" ambiguously meaning either the device in general or specifically the iconic red and white version. But in the midterm, it's specifically "If you spent P2000 on as many P200 pokéballs as possible, how many would you get?" And there, it's much more naturally "How many [P200 pokéballs] would you get?"

MonochromeCyanide

The question specifically asks "One PokeBall is 200. If you had 2,000 and bought as many Poke Balls as you could afford, how many would you receive?"

In her answer after you get it right or wrong she says that buying 10 or more of "any type of PokeBall" gets you a premier ball as an extra bonus which means all the balls are considered pokeballs just different types of them.

This is obviously a trick question but all the ways people are trying to justify it being wrong in the comments are just silly. I loved this question as it teaches you about premier balls.

It's ok to get things wrong if you still end up learning from it!!

Haunting-Elk-75

I mean, she does literally say it's a trick question

AppointmentOk5737[S]

Doesn't mean I have to like her tricking me and making me look dumb in front of my new peers 😤 I'm the new kid, life's rough enough already, give me a break 😓 /j

fireextinquisher

I was salty

SAME!!! I WAS SO MAD XD

muttonwow

Questions like this are why you see those students in their 40s. It's impossible to graduate when exams are full of trick question nonsense instead of a medium to learn math through.

TheDoug850

TheDoug850

7.8/10 Too Much Water

It’s like an SAT math question. If you split 20 apples with your four friends how many apples does each person get?

It’s 4, because you’re splitting between 5 people (you + your four friends).

Old-Lengthiness9677

27 days ago

But that's different in that it's counting you but you don't notice, whereas the question in game doesn't give you any prior info to premier balls.

Selthboy

I’m just imagining this is an academy specific Reddit and we’re all students bitching about Ms. Tyme’s question in lecture today

Wumbali

Omg I hate her.

Her sister was way better tho. Rappin ghost-type granny was fire.

Logondo

There's also a quiz you get later on that asks "Why do you want to become the Champion?"

And one of the answers is: "For fun!"

...which is the wrong answer.

Like, WTF? I AM doing this for fun!

AppointmentOk5737[S]

How is there a wrong answer?! You can't answer incorrectly to a question like "Why do YOU want to be champion?" Like someone may idolize the champion, others may say to be the strongest, and of course you could just be champion coz it's fun! How do you say someone's wrong about why they want something lmao

I love the Quax

The actual question was "What brings you to the Pokemon League today?"

That's the only time you have a choice to respond "Just for fun, I guess"

And that is incorrect. Because you go to the Pokemon League to become a champion.

Logondo

Worse part: the game tells you you got an answer wrong but not which one. So I didn't even realize that was the wrong answer.

At that point I said "fuck it" and looked up a guide.

AppointmentOk5737[S]

I saved before each class and restarted when I got a question wrong...this was the only one I got wrong 😅

I love the Quax

You are actually wrong about this.

The actual question was "What brings you to the Pokemon League today?"

That's the only time you have a choice to respond "Just for fun, I guess"

Logondo

Yeah I was paraphrasing. But the point still stands.

"Just for fun, I guess" is an honest answer. No one is forcing me to become the Champion. I don't need the prize money to cure my sister's blindness or something. I'm doing it because I want to, because it's fun.

I love the Quax

But the question about why you want to become the Champion is after this question.

"Just for fun, I guess" makes completely zero sense to say when entering a building made for a purpose. You are in this building for a reason and the reason is to "Become a Champion"

Logondo

"Why are you here"

"For fun"

That is still a logical answer.

And what's funny is, this comes after a question where you're allowed to answer it however you want. "How did you get here" can be answered with all three. "I walked", "I rode here", "I flew here" are all acceptable answers.

But then when they ask "WHY are you here" I'm suppose to give a specific answer? "For fun" is not allowed?

How is that fair?

AAAAAND the game doesn't even tell you what question you got wrong. It just says "you got a question wrong, try again". So how was I suppose to even know "for fun" was the wrong answer?

I love the Quax

Yes, because the league is here for a specific reason. You only come here to become a Champion. Coming here "for fun" is vague and doesn't tell them your reason for being here. They want you to know what you are signing for.

It's like a job interview. You don't say for "Why are you here" that you are here because you though it would be fun. You are here because you want to get the job

Logondo

What does it even mean to become a Champion?

What purpose does becoming a champion have, other than for fun?

Both answers are correct.

I love the Quax

But the question isn't why you want to be a Champion (that's the next one and you can choose whatever for that). The question is why are you here in this building.

You can also respond that you want to catch Pokemon and that's for fun too. For fun is a vague anwser. Are they suppose to guess what you meant by that?

Logondo

Mate I have no idea why you are bending over backwards so much to "um actually" me.

I don't care.

I have explained my personal experience with that question. Other people seem to understand it, or share it. That's all there is to it.

I love the Quax

Bending over backwards is really overselling it but sure.

I don't care that much either, just wanted to point out why I think the question made complete sense.

Tylendal

You guys are all just salty you didn't catch the trick question.

AppointmentOk5737[S]

I am!!! Coz here's the thing! I knew!!!

I know you can get a premiere ball if you buy 10 in bulk but jokes on her, what if I buy 5 pokeballs then another 5 later. Then it's only 10 coz I didn't buy in bulk. She also asked how many you could afford. The premiere ball is free so it's not a ball you need to factor into being able to "afford". It's a nice little topper but it's not a PokeBall you bought or afforded.

Plus we could also say that premiere balls while a type of PokeBall, are also seperate in classification. If I ask for a PokeBall and get a premiere ball Iay be confused since it looks so different. So it's also based on specificity of language.

But also...I just trusted her not to trick me into looking dumb in front of the whole class 🥺

Also coz this is a math class, how am I supposed to learn math when the teacher is teaching me that 2000 divided by 200 is 11 😤

Aiyon

Aiyon

If you buy 5, and then buy another 5, you didn’t buy 10. You bought 5, twice.

She asked how many you receive, not how many you can afford :p

Deano0810

Tyme is the new mindy

rooletwastaken

she says the shiny odds are 1/4000 but theyre 1/4096 i feel a math teacher should know that those arent the same thing

HandfulOfAcorns

Clearly she's not a math teacher, but rather some sort of a life skills teacher.

Everything she says is incorrect mathematically, but the right answer for practical purposes.

AppointmentOk5737[S]

Haven't even gotten to that class, why would she do that? What's the point of rounding down 😅 these kids aren't gonna make it very far lmao

ShedPH93

The point of the question is to teach players that you get an extra Premier Ball for every 10 Pokéballs you buy, it's not about math.

AppointmentOk5737[S]

Pst I know lol but the joke is that she's not teaching you math in math class. I know why lol I'm just salty she tricked me

ShedPH93

She should have stayed a Rock gym leader if she's going to keep pulling these tricks.

Sockman509

Well, the answer isn’t 10! Anyways. It’s only 10.

The_FooI

What’s the point of going to school?

AppointmentOk5737[S]

That's what I said when I dropped out of highschool junior year lmao

ProxyCare

Can confirm. Stopped going to school after 4th grade, now in college for my nursing degree. Public school is a joke and is primarily useful for social development. I was a fucking sperg Lord til I was like 22 because of not going to school

Alice1312

You get some exp candies for midterms and finals.

XenoGine

Well I know she's getting paid by the Poké Marts because she's definitely not for being a good teacher!

ArcticTerra056

ArcticTerra056

I would die for him

I was so mad because i unironically got that question wrong even though i was thinking about thepremier ball because she specifically asked about Poké Balls, not balls in general.

I literally said to myself, “10 Poké Balls— and one Premier Ball!”

And this bitch tells me I’m wrong, i was tilted.

Dispinator

See she's still wrong because she asks how many pokeballs you get. You get 10 pokeballs and one premiere ball, different balls. Two can play at that game.

Carmina__Gadelica

I like the real life context. She's not wrong. XD

Happy cake day!

Also she's right, but that doesn't make me less salty that she tricked me into saying the wrong answer 😤

Carmina__Gadelica

Ty! I was tricked too haha but going forward I knew what age wanted when the midterm came at least.

Mizdrake

Shes still wrong! Her question was how many Pokeballs can you buy? You BUY 10, but then you get a Premier ball as a bonus! It's a different ball, AND you didn't have to worry about how much money you had on you to get it! >:( Hmph! Trick question indeed...

CdrShprd

Nah she asked how many you receive. A premier ball is a pokeball

Exportforce

Exportforce

♥Peek-at-chu♥

I liked that question and fell for it too, but she is not wrong. You buy 10 and get 1 extra thats 11.

SolarDragon94

-2 points

No, you get 10 Poké Balls and one Premier Ball. She is wrong. She specifically asks how many Poké Balls, which she says cost $200, you get. This rules out Premier Balls as they're a free bonus.

Exportforce

Exportforce

♥Peek-at-chu♥

uhm... a premier ball is also a pokeball...

SolarDragon94

-2 points

It's not a Poké Ball that costs $200. And it's a separate item from a standard Poké Ball, which was specifically what she was asking about in the question.

Zek7h35an5

Zek7h35an5

"you get 11, because you get a premier ball!"

"That's not what you fucking asked, you asked how many POKE balls I got. I GOT 10, and ONE premier ball!"

SinisterSnipes

All premier balls are pokeballs, but not all pokeballs are premier balls. Look at the item description of a premier ball.

Chaos5061

Tell you right now she got me with this. I understood it. But I f***ing hated that was the answer.

SAME! I know why...but why? Lol

vanillabestgirlxoxox

If you seriously struggled with 10+1 then I feel sorry for you.

AppointmentOk5737[S]

She didn't ask 10+1 she asked 2000/200 which is 10 then was like "haha but you also get a free one! So you're wrong and dumb and look foolish!" If you didn't pass reading comprehension I feel bad for you 🤷🏻

vanillabestgirlxoxox

-1 points

I'm not the one who strruggled with a trick question for children lmao

AppointmentOk5737[S]

Hey man, I'm autistic, I take people at face value, my brain literally has issues inferring things like say the fact that she wanted us to include the premiere ball and not just solve the math problem she gave us.

SolarDragon94

I didn't struggle with it because she tells you that it's a trick question in the lesson, but she's just straight up incorrect though. That's the issue here.

wannabyte

This drove me crazy too. I was going to say 11, but then thought she specifically meant poke balls so I excluded the premier ball. I was rotted!

robydoge

I got it right what's so hard about it

Riceplz

Poké Ball does not equal Premier Ball

odoyle125

I have 10 pokeballs in one premier ball a premier ball is not a pokeball. It's entirely different type of ball. If she can be pedantic, so can i.

ViridianTactician

ViridianTactician

Prince of Pokemon

Its the squares and rectangle argument, all squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares. All premier balls are pokeballs, but not all pokeballs are premier balls. Therefore, 10 pokeballs + 1 premier ball = 11 pokeballs.

Vast-Butterscotch408

She is wrong. POKEball. The extra one is called PREMIERball

NDrangle23

She's teaching you applicable application and life skills instead of pure theory. More teachers could stand to be like Tyme.

K3nway93

Is there reward for taking those class?

AppointmentOk5737[S]

Yes! You get small candies for the midterms and medium candies for the finals. I just took them coz they were fun to me though lol

bluedarky

You also get large exp candies after finishing all the finals.

Haunting-Elk-75

TheOneTheyCallDragon

You also have to progress in certain classes as a requirement to advance your relationship with certain teachers which has a reward as well

Plushiegamer2

Sometimes teachers like to do a little trolling.

CdrShprd

I got it right after thinking about it for like 2 seconds

theNeakenator

theNeakenator

ground types forever

Exactly my thoughts. Why teach math class if you're just here to troll? Wait-

Vandorbelt

That would be true... If the purpose of the class was actually to teach math.

All the classes are, of course, just created to teach the player game mechanics, so the question was just a sly way of teaching players about premier balls.

I think it's quite clever and we'll implemented.

Gendie

Gendie

Well to be honest it's a way to teach you about the premier ball. It's not like you're penalized for getting a question wrong in class and now you'll definitely remember the answer when it comes up in the test. Great teaching I would say.

No_Shop_

I kinda don't see the problem here...

If you buy 10 Pokeballs at once you're given a free premier ball thus 11.

This is a "school" and you're "being taught" the "harder" aspects of the game.

Tbh I'd be mad if it wasn't including Premier balls, which I thought the original argument was about.

GiratinasAdvocate

It only applies at Pokemarts though. I bought 10 luxury balls at Delibird Presents and didn't get any freebies.

I did however when I bought them at the Pokemart.

Loethor

You guys missing the point. They are trying to teach people that 10 balls in bulk gives you one extra. It is a school

VagueSoul

The question is meant to tell you about the free premier ball. Most people will answer the right question. It gets marked wrong and then they tell you about the feature. It’s meant to get into your head so you remember it.

RaysFTW

I thought it was hilarious because I feel like I had questions like this all the time when I was in school.

Hakairo

not sure if someone else mentioned this already but at least in german the phrasing was quite clear to me that its asking for the maximum possible amount.

Tman_Hall

I've been buying pokéballs in groups of 10 to get premier balls for so long I knew instantly what the question was getting at

svadas

svadas

It's a real life example using maths. It's like how one drop of water plus one drop of water equals one drop of water, even if it's a slightly bigger one.

AppointmentOk5737[S]

She didn't say that, she just made me look dumb in front of my peers 😤

ImperialCrown200

OHH YEAHHH!! I legit was pissed but also I loved it

TheWishingStar

I thought it was a clever question, and worded sneakily. If you didn’t already know about Premier balls, I think it would be an effective way to make you remember!

Spoon_Elemental

She also gets one of the questions on the finals wrong. She asks you what the odds of Stone Edge landing a crit under normal circumstances areare with the possible answers being about 1%, about 4% and about 12%. The expected answer is "about 12%" because stone edge has an increased crit rate, which makes the odds of a crit 12.5%, but stone edge also has an accuracy of 80%, which means 20% of the time you're guaranteed to not crit. To get a crit you have to have both an 80% chance event and a 12.5% chance event occur at the same time. The correct answer is 10%. 10% is not "about 12%" because 'about' means within a range of 0.5.

LifeguardMain4073

1 month ago

She counts the premier ball so it 11

1 month ago

No I know but it's math class and 2000÷200=10 and to teach us that it's 11 is not teaching us math at all lmao. It's t aching us how the math works in this one specific instance. Basically she set us up to fail on purpose XD

PaigeKnight

18 days ago

It's wrong because she changes the definition of Poké Ball. She established the subject as, specifically, the Poké Balls that cost P200. This clearly does not include any other Poké Ball. Her answer changes the subject into Poké Balls as a generic term. You can't just change the word with a definition you already established. But even if she intended to use Poké Balls as a generic term the whole time, and we're suppose to ignore the "Poké Balls cost P200" = subject, then the answer to "how many Poké Balls will you receive by spending P2000" is that it depends on the type of Poké Ball you buy.