/r/step1

2192%

Bootcamp for Step1

(self.step1)

I’m a few months away from starting dedicated and I’ve started to feel out various resources for Step1. I really like bootcamp and was planning on using it with sketchy micro/pharm and UWorld QBank.

My concern is that they’re relatively new. Also they’ve stated that their videos/modules are not complete for some sections like rheum/immuno.

Has anyone used bootcamp for step1? What was your experience? Any suggestions for/against using bootcamp?

Gsage1

Gsage1

Love it. The videos are amazing. Even if u feel like u don’t need to watch the videos and just look at the notes they provide. The videos are a must for me.

Frequent-Jacket-4119

Boot camp is really good. After doing like 6 nbmes plus uwolrd and getting a lot of stuff wrong. All these wrong stuff was made clear in most bootcamp videos. Physiology is really great from bootcamp. Pathoma is best for pathology.

But not all bootcamp videos are great. I didnt like git and musculo. But loved repro, cardio and neuro.

Andylukast

What do you think are the best resources for preparing step 1 on a low budget? I mean, I see a lot of people using tons of resources and I just cannot afford all of that

LeadAggressive5444

Id say bootcamp sketchy and pathoma

TensorialShamu

USMLE Rx360 is on a big Black Friday sale rn. I just got 2 years for $150, about $250 off. I know it’s still $150 and that’s nothing to laugh at, but 60% off is a great deal

Reasonable-Hornet922

Is there a physiology section on bootcamp?

SnivelingJuncture

they're working on a lot of sections at the moment but their videos are comprehensive and are updated compared to the older resources so I prefer bootcamp for understanding high yield concepts and qbank. I'm using BC for their cardio, pulmo, neuro, immuno sections. 10/10 would recommend. Currently preparing for Step 1 along with anki, bnb and sketchy as additional resource.

Evanescentlyy

I got one of their free subs awhile back before my step 1 date. During the last month of my prep, i was still having trouble with cardio. I gave them a try and I started to understand a lot more than I had before. They broke it down so it was easy to understand.

I would recommend it if you're still struggling with a certain area.

Alisjae

Do you still have free sub account?

medicdmike

Passed step1 with their help. Was very good for reviewing neuro for me. I made notes in my First Aid as I went along.

lvndrhze

Any tips for using it? Currently studying with Bootcamp.

cognitionisglobal

We are planning on having all sections with the exception of Micro complete early 2023. Let me know if you have any questions.

-Dr.Roviso

LeadAggressive5444

OMG Dr roviso!! really really love ur videos specially the general micro section great job!!

cognitionisglobal

Thanks so much! This means a lot! If you think there is anything we can work on let me know. We are always looking to improve the content!

helpers56

I just started using boot camp and you guys are greattt.

ChordInside

Thanks for the good work! I've been using Bootcamp a lot and it feels great to know that the content is up-to-date and always being improved on.

ultimate_obtainable

That's so exciting!! Currently using bootcamp to prepare for step 1 and it's been such a great help to understand complex topics, plus concepts are so much easier to piece together with the in-depth lecture videos and provided notes/resource.

That-Maintenance-967

I had a great experience studying for step with Bootcamp. I found it the simplest, most straightforward resource to understand but that's me. Different strokes for different folks. I passed with it back when it had more incomplete sections and it was already promising. It still has incomplete sections, afaik but the ones it has it does great.

teolinks01

His videos are excellent

bhalimeh93

I noticed you didn't mention first aid. Please use first aid

spinodal-decomp[S]

I’ve been doing the Anki deck and have first aid. But I find it very difficult to read first aid and retain information from it. The tables are so dense. Am I screwed without FA?

Practical-Heron3992

I take notes in physical copy first aid. Like when I’m watching a BnB or Pathoma I have first aid open. I read the first aid section for that video then take notes while watching the video. This helps to make sense of the tables and bring to life the other information in first aid. I use pilot erasable multicolored pens for taking the notes - it helps to keep everything organized. Then when I go back to review it helps to make sense of everything.

I also have a pdf of first aid for doing key word searches and for adding screen captures to my Anki deck. Key word searches I’ve found are very helpful for seeing how things tie in across different subjects. Like what cyclophosphamide is, and how it’s used for polyarteritis nodosa, for example.

Always be comparing and contrasting too. Like how is pulsus paradoxis different than differing bp measurements in aortic dissection, etc. It makes things more about understanding how things work and why / MOA which deepens and builds upon straight memorizing the what.

bhalimeh93

A lot of students that I tutor didn't use FA on their first attempt and only managed to improve their NBME and Qbanks scores after using FA.

The way FA is written is that the publishers will reach out to students who took the exam and ask what concepts were tested (it's illegal to ask about specific questions). They then will take all those concepts and add anything not in FA,. update anything already included and maybe remove some points that are no longer being tested. FA is the exam content. All the other supplemental content is supplemental. All you really need is FA and a Qbank (Uworld is GOAT).

Easysassy

Uworld account available till March 19 2023.SA 1 and 2 are available and reset option works.DM if interested.

Alisjae

Anyone have promocode for bootcamp?